If you would like to apply for one of our rented, please either complete the application form on-line, or print copy off, complete and return to our office address. Full terms and conditions are explained on the application forms. We look to keep the process as simple and as straight forward as possible. The application procedure will be clearly explained to avoid any confusion and ensure transparency througout. We adopt best practice with all of our processes and work within guidelines set by The Property Ombudsman (TPO).
IMPORTANT NOTES for applicants:
- All information is strictly confidential.
- By completing and signing this application form, you accept that referencing & credit referencing checks will carried out by JKT Property.
- A single application fee of £150 inc VAT is required to reserve the property in your name, should there be more then 1 applicant, a fee of £50 Inc VAT per applicant after that will become payable). This will then hold the property until such time as all referencing has been satisfactorily completed. We only process one application at a time.
- Please ensure that you are in full time permanent employment prior to making an application for a property. Unless agreed with us. This is at Agents’ discretion.
- We do not accept Housing benefit payment
- We do accept family tax credits as a form of income as long as you can present a valid award form to us.
- Should you fail the credit check (or other information which you had not made known to us when the original application was submitted) or be declined on the basis of an unsatisfactory reference from Landlord/employer you will be refunded £30 + Vat of your application fee
- Should you make an application to rent a property through our agency and then subsequently withdraw your application, your tenancy application fee becomes non-refundable.
- Should you have failed a credit/reference check and then subsequently want to submit a guarantor application an extra fee of £40 + VAT will become payable.
- JKT accept all major debit and credit cards, either at the office or over the telephone. (2.5% charge is made for credit card transactions). Due to Cash Handling Charges, any Cash Transactions will be charged at 1%, Debit Card is our preferred method of payment as no charge is incurred.
- Should your application be accepted, all applicants will be required to come to our office within seven days to sign tenancy agreements. On signing tenancy agreements you will be asked to pay the deposit (usually equal to a months rent, unless otherwise agreed). The first months rental payment will be required at least a week prior to your move-in date, unless otherwise agreed. JKT reserve the right to change the days on which funds are required, however, this will be discussed and agreed with you in any event.
- VERY IMPORTANT. Please provide proof of ID and current address. A utility bill, Passport, driving license within 7 days of application
- By applying for the property, you have accepted the property in its current state. Unless otherwise agreed, there will be no decorative/maintenance works carried out at the property unless otherwise agreed or deemed a Landlord obligation. This is at the discretion of the Landlord.